Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Managing my phone via a PC?

Hi All, 

Downloaded the Device manager and Desktop manager - updated the phones firmware fine..

However,are there any apps available which would allow me to add contacts / send txts etc from my laptop?  The one thing I am not too happy about is the touch screen... Got to say, prefer old skool buttons as my fingers are quite large!

Any help appreciated.. Rob.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330 -> Storm 9530

Re: Managing my phone via a PC?

The Desktop Manager can be set to sync with several things in Windows. I have mine set to Outlook so any changes I make in Outlook are transfered when I sync.
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

You have a 2 part question...

1. Yes as the previous post you can use the desktop manager to sync with Outlook etc and will allow you to imput your information into outlook and sync to your BB.

2. You can send text messages to most vendors via email. IE verizon is Cell #@vtext.com example 5749351111@vtext.com (not a real number).

Once you go Black you don't go Back!
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi shot2bits and welcome to the forums!

It seems you are trying to swim up river. I did some searches for you last might.

Seems everybody wants to control the office PC from the Blackberry!

Have you looked around and found a base model for that you want to do?

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter