Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Style 9670
My Carrier: Sprint

Manual Sync issues - no tasks, no memos, no calendar events or entries in the Password Keeper sync with my computer

A year and a half after purchasing my phone I realized it has not been syncing hardly anything.

It will sync my pics and videos and my contacts. It says it syncs my call logs, my texts, my calendar entries, my tasks, my memos and my "applications" which I hoped meant my Docs-To-Go and my Password Keeper - applications which were on my phone when I purchased it.

However, when I look for these, the applications are nowhere to be found and the tasks and memos are unreadable. The calendar entries just don't appear at all.

I have Windows Vista 64 on my computer and the manual says the tasks and memos should appear in Microsoft Outlook. They do not.

I realized this when a manufacturing defect forced me to replace an identical phone after only a year. It took me 7 days straight to re-enter all of the information from my previous phone into its replacement. After all of that, the phone still won't synchronize.

I realize it synchronizes "wirelessly" now, but from what I can tell I would have to send each entry through email, which is time consuming.

Why can I not plug in the cord from my phone into the USB port on my computer and it backup everything? AS I WAS ASSURED IT WOULD WHEN I PURCHASED THE PHONE?