Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2

Manufacturers warranty for Bold 9900 - contact details?

I hope you can help me with my problem..

I received Blackberry Bold 9900 as a gift this February (2012) in the UK. It's not locked to any network, and I don't know where the phone was originally purchased.

Just recently I have experienced problems with it - first the error 102 after which I took it to the Carphone Warehouse in the UK to update the software flash or something like that. Anyway the phone still didn't work and it keeps restarting every 10 minutes or so, after which they told me that there is a problem with the hardware and I should contact Blackberry directly as the phone should still have the manufacturers warranty because its less than 1 year old.

However, I cannot find any contact details from the website regarding manufacturers warranty, and I cannot take it back to where it was bought as it was a gift. It also says on the website: "Please consult your BlackBerry Handheld Users Guide for instructions on how to obtain customer support for your BlackBerry Hardware." but I have all original papers that came with the phone and there are no instructions on how to deal with this kind of situation.

Can you please help me to proceed in solving this problem? Thank you!

Kind regards,
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG853), Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Manufacturers warranty for Bold 9900 - contact details?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

As a user-to-user community, no one here can answer your question with any level of authority whatsoever. RIM provides zero front line support to end users, including warranty...all support starts with the carriers, authorized resellers, and authorized service centers, all who can escalate cases into RIM at no charge to the end user.

So, your escalation path is not here, in these forums. Rather, it is likely through the original place of purchase...you will need to contact the gift-giver to find that out. You have no free path by which to bypass them, even for warranty support.

There is something called incident support, but it costs to just ask the initial question, since you are bypassing the contract you signed upon purchase. If you wish to investigate that, you can review it here:

There also might be some good reading here:

But, all in all, from your description, I might not hold out much hope...given your procurement method, it is highly likely that you have no warranty whatsoever, unless you can reach the original purchaser and find out from them how to obtain warranty service. Indeed, contractually, the person who gave you the BB is your Warranty Service Provider...and only they can obtain formal Warranty Service via whatever means were provided at the time of original authorized purchase. Then again, as I said, no one here (including me!) can give you anything authoritative on this matter.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................