Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

gic
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Maps cannot receive data...

[ Edited ]

Hello !!

Something very strange happens to me and I'm very embarrassed...  I try to explain

I live in China but previously, BB hadn't service provided by China Telecom, so same than everybody here, I has a BB account in Hong Kong.
For daily communication, I have also a Pocket PC with a China Telecom SIM card.
Since 1 month, as BB is now available in China, I applied for a BB account for my China Telecom account.

So I have 2 SIM cards : 1 in Hong Kong for BB account and 1 from China Telecom for also BB account.

Here what is my problem.
When I insert my China Telecom SIM Card in my PPC, MAPS runs perfectly (maps are downloaded, location is provided, ..)

This is the same when I insert my BB HK SIM card in my PPC, everything is perfect !

With my Curve device, there is a problem.

With my BB HK SIM card inserted, in Maps, maps are downloaded and location is detected.
But when I insert my China Telecom SIM Card in my Curve, it doesn't work. Data cannot be downloaded whereas no parameters are changed. That's very strange and very frustrating !

Does anybody can help me ?

Message Edited by gic on 09-27-2008 01:08 AM
gic
New Contributor

Re: Maps cannot receive data...

And I would like to add that I have a data connexion. I can go on Internet with my Curve.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums!

This is a link for the BBmaps features page.  

According to the Chart, BBmaps contains no data for China, but it does for Hong Kong.

I hope this helps you.

Thanks,

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/features/blackberry_maps.jsp#tab_tab_coverage

You may be better served by resolving this thread and moving it to the Blackberry Device software forum,

They discuss the features and applications of the device OS. BB maps would be a discussion topic.

I would think you would get more specific information there.

Thanks,

Message Edited by Bifocals on 09-27-2008 06:31 AM
Message Edited by Bifocals on 09-27-2008 07:01 AM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

gic
New Contributor

OK, well noted. I will go to the other forum.

Anyway, many thanks for your advices.

In addition, even if the coverage of maps are not OK in China, the satellite view is perfect !