Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Nelly
Accepted Solution

Mass Storage Mode

Where do I find Mass Storage Mode on my BB Torch?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Mass Storage Mode

Hello and welcome to the forums!

Go to Options>Device>Storage, then press the BB Menu button where you'll see an option to Enable USB Mass Storage.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor

Hi, thx for your help but I'm still stuck.

I followed your "steps" but don't see the option to enable the USB Mass Storage. (when I get to "storage" I press the BB menu button but get the options  "compression: enabled", " Media card support enabled")  Is this the Mass Storage Mode? I want to download some music videos from my pc to my BB.

Thx

nelcru

Forums Veteran I

When you're on that screen, press the BB menu button and another menu should pop up with the enable feature.

Anyway, when you connect your device to the PC, you should get three options, one of which is USB Storage Mode.  Select that and then the WIndows options for USB storage should pop up.  At that point you can open the folders on your device, then drag and drop whatever you want from the folders on your PC to the folders on your device.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor

Thanks a lot for your help Boomer56......

regards

Nelcru

Forums Veteran I

Glad to be of service!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8110
My Carrier: att

by the way, although he fixed your issue with that information, the reason you cannot find mass storage mode is that on the 6.0 device software it has been changed to media card support and can be found Options> Device> Storage> Media Card Support  although enabling or disabling on torch is useless as it has built in device media storage so it will always prompt

New Contributor
My Carrier: Etisalat

Hi,

I accidentally checked not to ask again and did NOT select Mass Storage Mode. Now I don't get prompted anymore and your suggestion of pressing the BB key only lists following options in the storage menu:

Switch Application

Safely remove  media card

format

repair save

help

close

I don't have anywhere a notion of mass storage... HELP

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8110
My Carrier: att

from your home screen open tray to bring up your apps and find options(icon wrench)..from there go to Options> Device> Storage> Media Card Support and check the box

New Contributor
My Carrier: Etisalat

Hi, Thanks for the reply, however the problem remains as I get no dialog box upon connecting to my pc...