Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Mass Storage Problem after Updating to Device Software 4.5 (T-Mobile Germany)

Hi xpelleuf and welcome to the forums!

I think it would best to open a different thread for you problem

That way more people will read it and you'll get more help.

Plus we all keep all your info together and questions together.

OK? Smiley Wink

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Mass Storage Problem after Updating to Device Software 4.5 (T-Mobile Germany)

I am now positive this has something to do uniquely with the 4.5.  I still have my old blackberry pearl (have to return it to phone company), and it had v4.3 on it and I just wiped it clean and installed 4.5.  Guess what?  It no longer plays in my car or my home stereo.  Computer reads it fine.  The files show up on the phone.  Two pearls - two upgrades to 4.5 and both experience loss of "mass storage device" with regard to external audio via usb.  Not the setting either.  I'm way passed that stage.

To the OP:

Have you found a solution yet?  I recently updated my Curve to 4.5 and I have the same problem.  My car stereo has a USB input, and I was able previously to plug directly in and play music with mass storage mode from the BB.  It used to tell me the same low voltage message as well.  After 4.5, my stereo says "no audio" and can't find the files.  The ONLY thing that changed was the BB software upgrade.  I hope you found a solution, because this was one of the best things about my BB before.

Yours,

Comater

New Contributor

Hi Comater!

Unfortunately I have not found a solution yet... Apart from copying my favorite MP3 to a USB stick and plugging it into my car.

I am quite sure that a further upgrade to a newer release of the OS could solve the problem but so far I wasn' t able to check it out. As soon as my PC is online again I will try to install the most current release and report here.

Best regards from sunny Frankfurt

Marcus