Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Mass media storage? All of my files are gone!

Last night I was looking at my pictures and all but about 5 photos came up as a defult photo icon, so I restarted my phone. When it came back on all of my photos, music, default wallpapers and ringtones were gone! It also said that mass media storage was enabled and that my phone doesn't have space. It says that there is 28717084 Bytes of free memory in the Device and Status Information secton but in my Storage section in built in media storage it says i have 3.4 GB out of 6.2 GB free. I also just plugged my phone into my computer and when I unplugged it everything was there again! I'm really concerned, what the hell is going on with my phone?!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Mass media storage? All of my files are gone!

When the device is plugged into the computer it goes into mass storage mode, meaning the computer can read the MicroSD card. When it's plugged in and being read by the computer, the device cannot read it. You simply need to make sure it's not plugged into the computer when you're trying to read it from the device. If it wasn't plugged in then the device must have still thought it was plugged in and the reboot solved the issue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!