Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: CHT

May I Sync my 9780 with desktop software via cable or bluetooth only

Hi All

I plan to buy 9780 but I has one big question want to learn that is if I work on my NB in the plane like calendar or contact then i want to sync with my 9780 before landing, is there possible to do this?

Is there any method to sync via cable or bluetooth with notebook and 9780

Thanks,

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: May I Sync my 9780 with desktop software via cable or bluetooth only

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

The BB desktop software is what you need...read up on it here:

Note that there is no interface to your data via the BB Desktop Software. Rather, what it does is allow you to synchronize to a compatible PIM...see this list for those:

• KB12268 Applications supported by BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows for synchronization

So, get a compatible PIM. Get the RIM Desktop Software. Configure them both:

• KB17022 How to configure synchronization settings for BlackBerry Desktop Software

And that should do exactly what you are asking for.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: CHT

Hi thanks for your reply, i think i didn't clear my question here, sorry. I mean if I install BB DeskTop Software on my Notebook and i get 9780 then may I sync both via cable or bluetooth? Because I cannot always online anywhere. If this question can be resolved i will get 9780 immediately!

Thanks anyway

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

skyhark wrote:

Hi thanks for your reply, i think i didn't clear my question here, sorry. I mean if I install BB DeskTop Software on my Notebook and i get 9780 then may I sync both via cable or bluetooth?

For USB:

• KB17022 How to configure synchronization settings for BlackBerry Desktop Software

For Bluetooth:

• KB04132 How to set up Bluetooth connectivity between a BlackBerry smartphone and BlackBerry Desktop Software

Unfortunately, that BT KB is a bit dated and only partially covers Desktop Software 6.x, but hopefully you figure out the steps.

skyhark wrote:

Because I cannot always online anywhere.

I have no idea what you intended to communicate by that statement.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................