12-13-2011 02:59 PM
Here is a solution that I can give to you it has helped me quite alot with the same problem that I had with my Blackberry Curve 8520.
Note: Make sure that your media card is inside of your blackberry before you can follow step 3 - 7 and always make sure to turn off your blackberry and to take out your media card when you are following step 1 and 2.
1. Make everything a backup from your OLD CELPHONE for ex. videos, music, funny ringtones, pictures etc.
2. put all the backup in a folder and then after you have done that put it the folder on your external hardrive or desktop.
3. Install the Blackberry desktop manager that have came with your blackberry.
4. After you have install the Blackberry Desktop Manager, then you install the Blackberry PC USB Cable that has came with you blackberry celphone after you've done that a automatic display will show then you just close it.
5. Then you go to the drive where your blackberry is located in Computer or My Computer then you right click on that drive of your blackberry then go under where it says FORMAT then you click once. after done that then click format if it says there quick format then a pop up question will ask are you sure you want to format this drive then click yes.
6. After formatting the drive shut down the blackberry for 10 or 5 minutes, after 5 or 10 minutes are finished just power the blackberry back on. then you will see that this problem of yours is gone.
7. Then you can plug the cable back in and you can copy and paste all those backup into your blackberry.
I Hope that will help you out John.
Enjoy your Day.
12-28-2011 07:25 AM
I'm having the same error for real I think blackberry by now should have came to there customers assistance cause it's a common problem with the 9780 or just the os 6 I have reinstalled os 6. Now goanna but me a new housing just to make sure it's not hardware issue it's really annoying
12-29-2011 01:50 PM
Good afternoon Ladies and Gent.
I had this error occur this very morning, so I called Verizon and the lady told me I should:
1. Power off my BB and then remove the battery for 10 seconds.
2. Put the battery back in and power it up.
3. Once it has completely powered on to dial *228 and select option 2
4. She said to configure the media card which she meant format but this step wasn't necessary, after the 3rd step was complete the error was gone and I had access to my media card and its contents.
What this does is updates your roaming options(for Verizon) if you have another carrier I would call ask question.
This did work for me, and hopefully if will fix your issues.
12-29-2011 01:55 PM
12-30-2011 04:25 PM
12-30-2011 04:35 PM
01-28-2012 11:47 AM
hi, i have had the same message, so i got a new media card and it still says that message. Someone help!? i really dont know what to do.