Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: blackberry cure 8520
My Carrier: o2

Re: Media Card Cannot Be Accessed Due To Fatal Errors

that didnt work! is it because I live in northern ireland?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: telus

I find that sandisk is really good mem cards but kingston is quite good as well. I have the Bold 9900 and I don't have any of those problems. Though I did with my 9800 and yes formatting the card helped. It was a cheap memory card that would. Give me problems regularily. If you can't find any other solution get a new memory card.
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

I went through reformatting the card etc. and apparently in my case it was unnecessary. Here is what worked for me. I removed the memory card. I blasted air into the memory slot (in my case I just blew hard into the slot-call me a blow hard). I did the same thing to the card itself. Re-inserted the card and the phone is now back to normal. Seems like some dust or other unwanted material was somehow affecting the contacts. Good luck.
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: TM

Here is how I have fixed the same problem:

- I have stuffed the SD card from the failing Blackberry 9700 into my PC's card slot. 

- Downloaded a freeware version of the partition-fixing tool from the link below. 

- Restored the "deleted/corrupted" partition using the tool, by choosing the drive, click Explore Partition, and Apply button.

I have all my files back now. 

As the Guide says: Don't Panic Smiley Happy

And feel free to contribute to the nice guys who wrote the partition-fixing program. 

http://www.minitool-partitionrecovery.com/download.html

Highlighted
My Device: curve 8530
My Carrier: bell aliant

My Device: blakberry bold 9700
My Carrier: orange

I am very much a 50 year old novice with mobile phones and my bb bold is from my son who upgraded. I had this problem "media card cannot be accessed due to fatal errors". I went on Google found this site and checked out some advice. I followed the advice this member gave and sure enough all is now well. I have now joined the site and find it to be very informative and helpful. Thank you very much. Maybe one day I will advance from being a novice, but don't bet on it.

Regards

Bob 

New Contributor
My Device: 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

I've got a 9930 here with NO memory card in it and it gets the popup on boot that says "Media Card Storage Cannot Be Accessed Due To Fatal Errors", but, if I put a memory card in it there's no pop up.....please advise.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: telus

Try options, then device, storage-

If the storage screen hit the BB key and select repair onboard memory

Hope that helps. Has fixed any minor problems I had on my 9900.
My Device: curve 9330
My Carrier: sprint

Hey guys i dont think it has any thing to do with the type of memory card. its way easier to solve than i actually thought. i over looked the simplest step, and do everything else, like: upgrading ny os, formatting my sd card and a bunch of other stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heres what to do: when u get the "ERROR" message take the memory card out , take the battery off, then reinsert the mem card and then put the battery back on. turn the phone on after it finish booting u should be all set thats what i di. worked for me the first time i tried. good luck to u all hope it work!!!!!!!!!

Visitor
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: 02

Hi I need help I got bb bold my media card was working fine yesterday now it saying fatel error so I've lost everything pic and music. I use any sd card on my phone it doesn't work is there anything I can do?