Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900

Media Card Repair failed - 9900

So I can't remember exactly how this happened, but it was less than 20 minutes ago.

Whenever I switch my phone on or reboot (everything is already lost by the way) it says 'A Media Card has been inserted that contains errors. Do you wish to repair the Media Card now?' When I try to repair it, it just tells me that it failed.

I've looked around on BB forums and people reccomend repairing via PC, i've done that and that doesn't work.

Another method was copying the data to PC, formatting the memory card then copying back. Only one problem, I encrypted my media card and everyone who has done so in the past knows that you can't un-encrypt files and it will be impossible to get them back.

So what should I do? Those files were important and there doesn't seem to be much left to help it

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 8900
My Carrier: tmobile

Re: Media Card Repair failed - 9900

i have the same problem....please help

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900

After a few years somebody replies, anyway

to get it back, simply install ZAR Recovey and let it scan and recover.

It will recover about 80% of your stuff if you're lucky. The rest either doesn't recover or becomes corrupted. But it's a pretty good program overall, better than all the other CHK recovery programs out there.

http://www.z-a-recovery.com/

My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Wireless

I''ve took my media card out and inserted on another phone, but whe i put it back on my blackberry  is giving me a message (A Media Card has been inserted that contains erros.Do you which to repair the Media Card now?

How can I resolved this?