Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Media Card Settings

This is kind of a wierd question, and I've searched for an answer with no luck.  Previously on my phone, under the pictures the two options at the top were for the Cache and the Media Card which upon selecting the Media Card, it would let you view the folders within it.  Now, for some reason, and I'm not sure what I've done...all of the subfolders within the Media Card are in that top list automatically.  I want it to switch back so that the top only displays Media Card, instead of the subfolders within it.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!  Thank you.

Justin

8330 (Alltel)

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Media Card Settings

I have no idea what you're asking.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Solutions: 6,330
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I think I understand (not that I know why it matters)... BUT,

the next time you leave your Media Card subfolders, try not to exit until you have navigated upwards to the Media Card main folder.

See if that works and when you return does it return to the Media Card, rather than its subfolders.

If not, I don't know...

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Haha okay sorry, let me try and clarify a little more.  When I navigate to media, then pictures, usually the EMV Cache and The Media Card have their folders above, then the thumbnail of the pictures stored in the Blackberry folder underneathe.  Now, for some reason, instead of those two above the thumbnails (which is what I want to be there), all of the folders that are on my Media Card are automatically shown, with the thumbnails underneathe.  I'm not sure if there's just a setting I'm overlooking or what.  But let me know if that helped to clarify the question a little bit.

Justin

8330 (Alltel)

New Developer

I understand what you mean about the subfolders in the pics section but why does it not have these same subfolders in the music section?  My old smartphone I could look at what was on my media card and look at what was on my device and seperate them that way.  I noticed that the bb does not have that option for music or ringtones.  Or am I missing something. 
New Contributor

I just want it to show Media Card at the top instead of all the subfolders in the Media Card.  Haha.  I'm not sure where the music part came in, but it's okay.

Justin

8330 (Alltel)

Highlighted
New Developer

oh no i know the music thing was a little off but i figured i would ask the question here.  Just in case anyone knew how to find this info in music.  sorry