Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Media Card Settings

I have my BB set up to save pictures on my media card but here's the problem.  When I go into options in the camera app and change the "Store Pictures:" to media card, save changes, then exit options, when I go back into options it's still showing "Store Pictures" in Device Memory, but it shows the media card folder I chose to save pictures in.  Is that normal?
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Classic 10.3.2.798 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Re: Media Card Settings

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums Mistycheri! Smiley Happy

No that is not normal.  If you saved it should have kept your settings.  Try doing a battery pull with the device ON. Wait about one minute and return the battery to the BB.  Let the device fully restart and see if that hasn't corrected your settings.

Let us know how it goes.  Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by IrwinII on 07-24-2009 10:55 AM
IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
New Contributor

Ok, tried it again. Changed the setting to save to media card and saved it.  Went back in and it was still set to media card.  But....if I try to change the folder on the media card that I want to save pics to, it automatically resets to "Save to Device Memory" again.  What's up with that?  Shouldn't I be able to set the media card folder I want to save pictures to?
Forums Veteran III

Two things.

1. Did you try the battery pull as suggested?  This will sometimes clear anomalies in device behavior.

2. Go to Camera-options

What does it read under the line at the bottom of the screen?

My BB reads: Store Pictures: On Media Card

Folder:

(folder icon)/Media Card/Blackberry/pictures/

As it says above, I store my pictures on the media card. The key point here is what does it say after "Folder:" on your BB in camera-options?

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
New Contributor

Yes, I did the battery pull, plus the "quickpull" after that.  Looks like mine says the same thing as your's does concerning the file location on the media card.  I was just trying to narrow it down further to a specific folder on the media card.  On my media card in the folder "my_pix" I have subfolders such as "misc.", "Baby & Rio" (my dogs), and such.  It was to one of these subfolders on my media card that I was trying to setup as the default folders for pictures taken with my phone camera.  But if I try to narrow it down to a subfolder it causes  it to revert back to "Device Memory" as the save location.  Maybe you're just not allowed to narrow it down that much, I don't know.
Forums Veteran III

Ah ha! Smiley Wink

Yes, I believe, you can only set the BB to save to the default folder.  Not sure on this, but perhaps another user will confirm this for us.  You can then use the 'media-explore-"migrate to the folder where the pictures are"-move' option to move them one at a time. Or you can plug your BB into the pc and move them that way. Smiley Very Happy

IrwinII