Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: O2

Media Card not read on computer software

Hey I just bought a BB Curve 8520 which has a 2GB media card in it. On the BB under memory the card is being read showing 1.8GB free space. But when I coonect it to computer Desktop software is only giving me the option of device memory for media storage. Which is saying that I don't have the room to save any files. Also Windows Media Player won't read the BB, it just says connect device, so I can't sync any music to the BB even though there is space for it.

Any suggestions please so not technical able!! 

Cheers xx

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Media Card not read on computer software

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums!

The Blackberry is correct in showing your 2.0GB card capacity as 1.8GB. All media cards use some of the capacity for formatting and system functions.

Make sure that the following options are enabled to allow maximum access to the card by both the Blackberry and your Windows PC. To access the settings start at the home screen click on >options icon>scroll to memory>

Media transfer protocol ON
Mass storage support ON
Auto enable Mass storage support when connected ON

Encryption mode NONE (this option is under security options)

Thanks,

Bifocals

What is mass storage mode    

How to copy files to BlackBerry smartphone from a computer 

Unable to view the BlackBerry media card using Windows Explorer  

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter