Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Vodafone

Media Card not recognised

[ Edited ]

Please help, got new 9860 3 days ago and it will not recognise any media cards. Gone to options and enabled media card support etc but phone says card not inserted please help

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Media Card not recognised

[ Edited ]

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

It is possible that your card or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain a known good and fully functioning (in a different BB) media card...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your media card in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your card that has the problem. Given what you've already tried, I suspect it to be the BB, but this complete test will bear that out. You may want to head down to your carriers shop to do the test...then, you'll be already there in case it is the BB that is the problem (assuming, of course, that you bought your BB from your carrier).

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks will check it out, live in cyprus and bought phone of amazon so think I will be using the mail.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Ah yes...the actual device warranty is provided to you by whoever you purchased from. If they are an authorized reseller, then they can extend the RIM 1-year manufacturer warranty through to you. But, if they are not an authorized reseller, then you may be completely dependent on whatever they are willing to do for you.

Before sending it off anywhere, you should find someone with a BB that has a media card that has no problems...use it in your BB to see what happens. Also using your media card(s) in their BB can provide further diagnostic hints. If your card works fine in their BB AND their card will not work in yours, then you indeed to need to get in touch with your reseller to find out what they will do for you.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................