Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Globe

Media Card problems

Good day everyone.

I have my Blackberry Bold 9700 given to me about a month ago by my aunt. Since I am a new user of the OS, I have given a lot of time exploring it. And this got me so desperate.

I have inserted my Samsung 8GB micro SD card from my Samsung Galaxy and it says that I need to format the card. I format it and it says Format failed. After that, I inserted my micro SD card back to my galaxy and to my surprise, the sd card is now blank. I tried formatting it using my phone and it also failed. I also tried using my PC then it also failed. Next one, I tried another generic 2GB micro SD card and same problem occurs. All my media cards were working before I tried inserting it to my Bold. I have another micro SD card here and I am not risking it. Can somebody please tell me what may be the problem on my Blackberry? Or is it my Blackberry that has problems? Now I have two media card bricked probably caused by my Blackberry.

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Media Card problems

Hey erwoin,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

I would suggest following the steps in this KB article to properly format the media card: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10527

I would also suggest checking for software updates by going to www.blackberry.com/update to make sure you have the latest running software.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Media Card problems

Sure. I'll try both of your suggestions. Smiley Happy Thanks. I'll update you what will be the outcome