Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Media Card

We put in a micro SD card 8GB.  It was inserted correctly.  However, when we access Memory under Options, Media Card Support says "Off."  And Mass Storage Mode Says "Off."  We formatted the micro SD card, and we removed the battery to re-boot the computer.  How do we:

1) get the Media Card Support and Media Support to both read "ON"?

2) get the Bold to save things on the Media Card? and

3) find out available memory on the card?

Thank you!! 

Contributor

Re: Media Card

when you are in the memory options screen, highlight the option you want to change, then press the menu key (the key that is between the green telephone key and he scroller).

From the pop up menu pick "Change Option".  Then look at the right hand side of the screen and the option should have a "Yes" and "No" selection.  Scroll to highlight "Yed" and press the scroller to save.

New Contributor

Thanks, wnyhiker, but we don't have an option on the Bold menu key for "Change Option."  All we have is Format, Save, Close, or Full Menu.  Further thoughts? 
New Contributor

Anyone else have any thoughts on the following:

We don't have an option on the Bold menu key for "Change Option."  All we have is Format, Save, Close, or Full Menu.  So, how do we get the Bold to recognize the micro SD 8GB card that we installed?