Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330- Sprint

Re: Media Manager - Connected and Not

that might be true, although bb actually told me that the phone would support the 8g card. he did not however mention anything about formatting it
Contributor

just an update , i formatted the card but did no good
My Device: Not Specified

Hi Everyone.

Just thought I'd check - On your desktop manager;

Go to Options > Connection Settings

Under 'Connection', what does it say you're connected to? Hitting 'Detect' should let you find your USB connection, then you can hit OK and Media Manager etc should recognize the connection (Assuming that everything was a good to go on your device manager of course.)

I didn't think you needed an additional micro SD card, but I guess I really don't know. Good luck.  

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

digitlikedisco wrote:

Hi Everyone.

Just thought I'd check - On your desktop manager;

Go to Options > Connection Settings

Under 'Connection', what does it say you're connected to? Hitting 'Detect' should let you find your USB connection, then you can hit OK and Media Manager etc should recognize the connection (Assuming that everything was a good to go on your device manager of course.)

I didn't think you needed an additional micro SD card, but I guess I really don't know. Good luck.  

No luck.  DM indicates connected to BB via USB.  No change after disabling Bluetooth support.  Media Manager just doesn't see an attached BB.  In MM, Tools/Options Blackberry tab has no devices listed in the Selected device: pulldown box. By the way, the BB indicates Connected to Desktop while MMis loaded.

Still searching for anyone with a clue.

Bruce

Message Edited by bjbina on 06-04-2008 01:57 AM
New Contributor

I have loaded Desktop Manager version 4.3.0.17 with Roxio Media Manager which appears to have installed complete, yet everytime I restart my Windows XP Pro laptop Windows Installer goes through re-installing it then tells me to restart to complete the installation. I am showing Media Manager in my installed programs and it is working in conjunction with the Desktop Manager yet it continues to go through the reinstall each time I restart. This has happened every time I restart for over two weeks.

Any ideas?

New Contributor

sab1955 wrote:

I have loaded Desktop Manager version 4.3.0.17 with Roxio Media Manager which appears to have installed complete, yet everytime I restart my Windows XP Pro laptop Windows Installer goes through re-installing it then tells me to restart to complete the installation. I am showing Media Manager in my installed programs and it is working in conjunction with the Desktop Manager yet it continues to go through the reinstall each time I restart. This has happened every time I restart for over two weeks.

Any ideas?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling DM?  An update of something else may have corrupted the DM.  Also be sure that the uninstall is complete (probably will require a reboot) before proceeding with reinstalling.  By the way, did Roxio ever recognize that you had a Blackberry attached?

Bruce

Bruce

New Contributor

I have seen the no device found message as well. However, when searching the left side of the screen you will see that the media browser is not looking at the proper file.  I wish I could give better description, but I am not at my desk right now so I cannot look at it to describe what you see better.  I may be able to figure out how to do a screen shot and re-post for you.

All I can say right now is if you are seeing what I saw, have hope!  The media card and files are there, you just have to click the right file on the left. 

Contributor

i have talked to a bb rep at sprint and they are aware of the problem and also there apears to be another problem with the calender syncing. they said they are in the process of releasing a new version of the software that will fix the problem.

I have connected the BB & while acessing Roxio media manager in my device section , only device memory is seen & media card memory is not getting detected. Can anybody help me in this matter
Contributor

Why is it so hard to talk directly with BB to get an answer to our problems, Does anyone know about the new version of software as in the 4.4 and what it is for.