Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Media Manager does not work

I have an 8700C.  I installed Blackberry Desktop Manager V4.6.0.12 and I have V4.2.1.96 (Platform 2.3.0.79) OS installed on my device.  When I go into the Media icon in Desktop Manager I have a split screen with Media Manager on the left and Blackberry Media Sync on the right.  The Start button for Media Manager is grayed out.  I installed Media Sync, was told to install iTunes, and then told my device is not supported for Media Sync.  I have not been able to get Media manager to work since Desktop Manager version 4.1 or 4.2. 
New Contributor
My Device: 8703e

Re: Media Manager does not work

You may need to download media manager again (or desktop manager package) to get it to work.  But, the bad news is f you are planning on using the 870o0 as an IPOD, don't bother.  The new OS for the 8700 did not include the full media player.  Not eneough onboard memory anyway.
New Contributor

I tried the download again - 460_b015_english.exe.  Tried the install on two different machines and I get the same results.  I am going to try the larger, multilanguage download now to see if that changes anything.  I am not looking to use my BB as an iPod, I have an MP3 player for that... I just want to be able to copy pictures etc to and from my device. 

Thanks for the assistance.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums,

I would recommend doing a clean uninstall of the DN v.6 with Media Manager,using the following:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02206&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Reboot the PC, and download and install  DM 4.6 without the media manager. If you search the forums you will see that media manager is not very stable. Personally I use the drag and drop method through Windows (must have media card installed,) very quick and efficient.

Media sync is compatible with your phone and can be downloaded as a separate program here:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/features/media/mediasync.jsp

Media sync does work well with your music management. However, Itunes with DRM are not able to be transferred to the Blackberry.

Please let me know if you need any assistance!

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

This is an 8700c.  It does not have a memory / media card.  It does not play music, aside from being able to download short clips to use as ringtones. I tried the route of downloading Media Sync and iTunes but it is not supported on the 8700c.  I am just trying to access the pictures and ringtones that I have already saved to my device.  The solution is to get rid of the Blackberry Desktop software V4.6 and downgrade all the way back to 4.2, because that is the last time it worked.

Thanks for the assistance.