Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Storm 2 9520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Media Manager fails to load

I have just installed Blackberry Desktop Manager v 5.0.1, with Roxio Media Manager.

If I try to start the Media Manager program with the handset connected, from Desktop Manager,  the start up screen appears for Media Manager, then a Windows error message, "MediaManager9 failed to respond" appears, and the program closes... If I do the same, start Media Manager WITHOUT the handset connected the program starts OK, but as soon as I connect the handset it fails Smiley Sad

I have tried the "solution" on the Blackberry knowledge base, and "run as administrator" but it still does the same... I have also tried to reinstall Desktop Manager..

Any ideas or solutions?

Thanks

Stuart

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Media Manager fails to load

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Please be explicit with the precise solutions you have already tried -- we don't want to waste your time with duplication. I cannot tell, from your post, what the KB "solution" you say you already tried is.

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Thanks. I can't tell what level of uninstallation you have yet tried, so I'll give you here the full set...

I suggest the following steps (insert plenty of reboots of your PC...not just restarts, but full power down reboots). Also, it is advised that you be logged into the PC on an account with full admin rights. Further, under Vista, use the "Run As Administrator" option for everything.

1) Remove your device OS update package from your PC (add/remove programs)

2) Cleanly uninstall the RIM DTM software:

• KB02206 How to perform a clean uninstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software

3) Get a fresh download of the RIM DTM software:

• Choose the version that is newest and (if applicable) compatible with your PIM (if you are synchornizing via USB):
  • KB12268 Applications supported by BlackBerry Desktop Manager for synchronization

4) Download (to your PC) a fresh copy of your device OS package from your carrier:

5) Install DTM to your PC

6) Install (also to your PC), the device OS package

Hopefully that will get things going again.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the details....

OK, I have followed these, and it is still not 100%Smiley Sad

If I start "Desktop Manager" with the handset connected, the Media Manage start up screen apprears, the I get the message "Media Manage 9 faied to respond" then it closes.....

If I start "Desktop Manage" without the handset connected, then start "Media Manager" it starts OK...

I then connect the handset...

And all works OK...

Very strange... So no real "100%"solution as yet... I have searched the internet and found nothing....

Stuart