Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000 with Rogers
Accepted Solution

Media Manager is missing from BB Desktop Software

I recently purchased a BB Bold just before Xmas.

Step 1) I installed the v4.7 of BB Desktop Software (DS) using the latest update version from the web (470_b050_english_nomediamanager.exe). Bold synch to MS Outlook was working. 

Step 2) I installed the latest "BlackBerryMediaSync.exe" (MS). This screwed up the drivers & DS no longer recognized that my Bold was plugged in via USB. I had tons of fun fixing the drivers and managed to get everything working again. I see on forums that other people also had problems with DS 4.7 but I hate to give up on something until I have exhausted my possibilities cause that's how you learn n'est-ce pas(right)?

Left to fix:
Step 3) The "Start" button for Media Manager (MM) which appears on left of BB Media Sync remains low-lighted, so I am assuming that MM is not installed. I also checked under "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion" and there are only 3 executables: DesktopMgr.exe (DS), BlackBerry Music Sync.exe (MS) and ODSViewer.exe (?utility). None of these look like my missing MM.

Question 1: I can't find where to get the MM installation EXE. Anyone know where?
Question 2: Shouldn't this have been part of the DS 4.7 installation? Another bug?
Question 3: I think the MM incorporates Roxio software and I already have the full "Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 Suite" on my desktop PC. Would this have created a conflict preventing MM from installing?
Note: I also installed the DS version that came from the CD in the BB's box on my laptop and it has the MM program working. What is going on here? 
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

Re: Media Manager is missing from BB Desktop Software

You have to install the English version with Media MGR. It takes about an hour to install all, but you get everything you need. I also just completed the update from the web and have no issues as of yet.
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Follow the steps provides in this link

http://demos.blackberry.com/mediamanager/na/us/gen/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Contributor

I downloaded the right executable this time: 470_b050_english.exe

I tried the lazy way first and installed it without uninstalling the current version I had.

It took 3 minutes to install & did not resolve the missing MM.

I then uninstalled the DS 4.7 & did the fresh install using the above executable. There was an option in the uninstall to retain my defaults/options and I said "Yes" to do this. The new installation did indeed take about 20 minutes.

This problem is now resolved as my MM is working using "Roxio for Blackberry" and it seems to co-exist well with the v.10 I already have on my PC.

Thank you both for responding so quickly. I am going to try to give you kudos and read some more to find out how to mark this thread as solved.

Contributor

By the way, I had already read the demo as suggested by the above response. That is how I knew that I was missing MM in my copy of the DS.

I do try to do some rtfm before I go looking for help, including searching in forums. When products come with the minimum of manuals & we are expected to search & find our own stuff online, then of course mistakes are made.

Keep up the good work my fellow forum users!