Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Media Manager

I had a problem with my desktop software. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it but left out the media manager and Rhapsody,software.

Now I want to use the media manager. Not the media music syc the media manager for files and photo's.

I downloaded the version of desktop software with media manager. After I downloaded it I selected repair. when I open the Media file. The Rhapsody file is there with the start light on. The music media sync is ready to use. The Media manager start is not available. It is faded out. My phone was connected. Yet it still was not available. What can I do to get the media manager to work. It use to work on my computer.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Media Manager

I don't know but... what do you need the Media Manager for?
if you just want to move files on your device, you don't need it.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Developer

I want to move files from my computer to the phone. Such as photo's and ringtones I have made. It is easier to drag and drop in the file then to e-mail it each time I need to save something to the phone.
Guru I

you can drag-n-drop simply using windows Explorer. You just need a media card inside your device.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryDesktopSoftware&thread.id=3...
HOWTO : use your blackberry as a USB device

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:

I have a problem similar to susieq's. I've never heard of Rhapsody. When I click on Media Manager, the phone synchs instead with Yahoo (my synch settings). I want to use Media Manager because it will optimize music files for best playback. Besides, even though RIM got smart and put external access to the Micro SD card (on my Pearl 8100 it's behind the battery. Yuck!), I still prefer Media Manager, because it's fewer steps to take than removing the card, putting it in an adapter, then inserting it into the reader, copying the files and then reinstalling the card into the phone.
Guru I

ailurophile : the "optimize for playback" feature of Media Manager is a piece of joke.
If you just want to transfer files from your PC to your device, please re-read the link I posted. I have never removed the media card from my device, and still can transfer files without using the Media Manager.

Highlighted

OKay. Thank you.