Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Media Manager

I had this similar problem with the media manager being greyed out - I called Verizon and s/w one of their tech support folks and apparently one issue has to do with having any of the Roxio Media creator or similar programs on your pc - for whatever reason, if you have one of these programs on there you will have to first uninstall the other Roxio program and then reinstall the media manager. I did not have one of these programs but still couldn't get to the Media Manager and so they had me uninstall the desktop software and re-install it and when I went into media, I chose media manager first (to install) and it worked perfectly. I hope this helps.

New Contributor

One of the problems, is that Roxio products conflict with all sorts of other media products.  If you have Nero, other photo software, iTunes, Winamp, or anything like that, our esteemed friends at Roxio always clash with other media software.  

I would imagine that you need to see whats set to startup on your machine.  You can use MSCONFIG in the "run" box, or a product like Tune Up utilities startup manager to see whats starting.   You should disable EVERYTHING that you don't use or need.  Most commercial software developers assume they are the only ones on the machine at startup, and unfortunately hog lots of resources.   

In the case of Windows XP, there can be severe clashes between software trying to control media files, etc.  Vista handles it somewhat better.  But Roxio has always been known to cause severe software damage.

New Contributor

I just loaded the desk top a couple of days ago with my new storm. I didn't load the Verizon disk. When I click on media

manager, it opens a small window with my iTunes play lists. I just check the box and it sends them to the storm. 

Visitor

LIke some many on this post I too was having the same problem that everyone else was discribing and fixed it by uninstalling Blackberry Desktop software 4.6 and then downloading an updated version of the BDS that included "Media Manager"  It can be found at the following link.  After installing it, I was able to select Media Manager and bring all kinds of media files, videos, music, pictures, or whatever.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do

Enjoy!

Contributor

Have any of you just plain old tried the synch funtion in wmp?

Seems to work fine for me, and loaded all my songs right to the bb without an issue at all.

i had the same issue.  This fixed it:

Go into options, Memory, from the phone. Change "enable mass storage mode when connected" to "yes" 

OK, I know you have probably recieved help already but I found the reason for no Media Manager for the Storm...THE SOFTWARE HASN'T BEEN DESIGNED YET!!!  I guess the biggest disadvantage to having the newest phone out is that software is not compatible.  The company that supplies the Media Manger is Roxio.  I checked their site and they have a M.M. for all Blackberry's BUT the Storm.  I am sure they are developing the program now to be compatible with the Storm (I too, have a Storm and asked the same question).  Granted, while we have these awesome phones that can do so much, we just have to be patient and wait for Roxio.  But look on the bright side, even if we don't have a Media Manger yet, we DO have the best phones on the market. 
Highlighted

After modifying the Memory options as sugessted, Service Pack 2 users need to go the Windows Device Manager and reinstall MTP drivers from blackberry device, not CD.