Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Media Manager

Hi - another slight glitch with my new Curve 8900. In the Media part of Desktop Manager, there only seems to be the option to Sync with Itunes. With my previous BB Curve and its Desktop Manager, I had Roxio installed as standard and was able to download tunes from Windows Media Player. Does anyone have any idea how I can do this with this version of DM (4.7) ? The Media Manager part of the Media function is greyed out, leaving only the Media Sync which links directly to Itunes.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Media Manager

Hi,

Make sure when you download the desktop software it says with media manager.

"Desktop Manager 4.7.0 B50 Multilanguage - With Media Manager" at the link below.

Thanks,

Bifocals

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do;jsessionid=Pntc4j0yM44Eze-4Dik5lg**

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor

Hi Bifocals - Thanks for your advice. I did exactly this and spent 40 mins on the download etc. I now have exactly the same issue - Media Sync works fine, but only syncs with ITunes. Media Manager is greyed out, like it was previously - so I cant use it and fail to see how I can access other media (like Windows Media Player where I have loads of tunes I want to load on to my BB). This was never a problem with my previous Curve 8300 and its related Desktop Manager.

Grateful for any clues.

Contributor

FYI, someone else suggested uninstalling the reinstall then reinstalling again. Did that, just cant get Media Manager to work on DM 4.7 so have given up. Another helpful suggestion was drag and drop media files with mass storage turned on, which I did - it worked, so gets round the problem. However if anyone from RIM is reading, this is not very satisfactory guys.