Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Media Mgr missing in Desktop Mgr 4.3.0.15?

I'm running BlackBerry Desktop Manager version 4.3.0.15, with my BlackBerry 8830.  I want to convert some video file for use on my BB.  I also want to copy some miscellaneous files to my BB's storage card, but I can't seem to find the Media Manager referenced in the Desktop Manager Help File.  Is it missing, or is my installation broken?

New Contributor

Re: Media Mgr missing in Desktop Mgr 4.3.0.15?

Make sure that you have installed the version of Desktop manager that has Media.

There are 2 versions available with/without media component. so download the correct version and uninstall the old one and reinstalll it.

Also plz read the below:

ProblemAfter installing BlackBerry Desktop Manager, the Media Manager icon does not appear in BlackBerry Desktop Manager and the Roxio Media Manager program group does not appear in the Microsoft® Windows® application list.

CauseThere is a Roxio product already installed on the computer that is conflicting with the installation of Roxio Media Manager.

ResolutionUninstall all Roxio products on the computer.

New Contributor

Re: Media Mgr missing in Desktop Mgr 4.3.0.15?

Thank you for the tip, angelriche.  Since I didn't keep the source, I couldn't tell which version of the Desktop Manager I had downloaded and installed, so I uninstalled the one I had and downloaded and subsequently installed the version *with* the Media Manager.  Unfortunately, however, after the installation, I was still unable to see the Media Manager.  While installing the program, I noticed that the source was a self-extracting ZIP, so i extracted the source and looked through the source.  I noticed that there was a folder for the Media Manager.  I tried running the installation manually, but it wanted to run as the administrator (eventhough my user is a local administrator).  I launched the installation as the administrator and voila!  I now have the Media Manager...