Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Media Player "Activate" menu only shows one of my two headsets

The Media Player has a very nice feature that can "Activate" a device and transfer the audio streaming to that device.  It works really well!

One problem though is that the menu of devices to "Activate" does not show all of the devices.  It appears to limit the listed devices to the first of each type found.  For example, my menu says:

"Activate Handset"

"Activate JayBird JB-200"

"Activate MY-LAPTOP"

I have two headsets that a switch between; a JayBird and a JawBone.  I cannot get my JawBone to show up on the "Activate" menu at all.  Not even if I disconnect the JayBird and connect only the JawBone.  I suspect that if I deleted the JayBird from my BT device list my JawBone would show up, but that means I will have to frequently go through the process of pairing.

This bug is not a huge deal because I don't use the JawBone to listen to audio; that is what I got the stereo JayBird for.  But it is a bit annoying in this otherwise pretty darn good played (light-years better than Sprint's crappy "Music Store" player).

Thanks!

Pv

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Media Player "Activate" menu only shows one of my two headsets

hello, maybe the jawbone is not compatible with the blackberry ?
or maybe that device does not support AD2P (stereo bluetooth) on contrary of the jaybird

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: