Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Media Player trouble

I just bought a Blackberry Curve 8330 (verizon). I also purchased a 8GB microSD card. I loaded the card full of music from my computer and when I put the card in the phone it doesn't recognize all the music. It also take a good 20 minutes for the player to show all the artists. It seems that it will show about 10 artists then slowly start recognizing the others. I have formated the card and am running version 4.3 of the blackberry software. When I put the card back into the adaptor and in the computer I can see everything no problem. Does anyone have any suggestions. Is it the phone or the card? 

Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: Media Player trouble

What operating system are you running on your blackberry?
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
New Contributor

Not sure here is what it says under options-About

Blackberry 8330

smartphone (CDMA)

V4.3.0.127 (platform 3.1.0.72)

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

usually after putting many files on the media card, you can do is :
  1. remove the battery for a minute
  2. put it back
  3. wait for the blackberry to initialize (takes up to 4-5 minutes, don't worry)
  4. go into the media player
  5. wait for a few hours for the blackberry to compute all the data (it puts some indexes in its database so that next time it's faster).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
Forums Advisor III

Ok you are running a 4.3 OS. Capable of using an 8 gig card so that is not were the problem lies. Try formatting your card (assuming the music is saved on your computer) then transfer the music from your computer to the BB using the USB cable and desktop manager. This will prompt you to convert the files. Let it convert and see how that works for you. I'm thinking that just loading them onto to SD card and then putting the card into the phone is not having the music converted properly.
New Contributor

That makes sense I'll try it tonight and let you know what happens.

Forums Advisor III

That would be wonderful. Best of luck to you.
Contributor

It may not be the same thing your experiencing, but when I put an 8gig stick in and loaded it up with about 1500 songs I noticed alot of my music wouldnt show up in the media player. I also takes an hour or so to list all the artist if I throw that many on at a time, the first time. Once  it has listed them it's right in there after that. But I noticed a 999 song listing problem with mine. You might want to check this thread out and see if it is simular to what you have going on.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&message.id=7044&query.id=113117#...

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

sistruc,

Please read Xandrex' post to speed the process and indexing.

Thanks!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Rocconj77,

Please make sure that you have the following folders on your media card:

blackberry

music

pictures

videos

voicenotes

ringtones

The BB looks in specific folders for the items requested. From your original post the time frame for Blackberry to index and display the songs is a match to mine, immediately after I load the card. The next time I go in, I have a list of all songs, that doesn't take two to three minutes to display. I have 800 songs. The initial long delay you experienced is only when you have loaded songs, and then open up media music to see them. I don't see where there is a problem with either your media card or BB device

Thanks

Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-19-2008 11:10 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter