Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Media Sync 3.0 does not recognized my device

I've tried all the suggestions and nothing is working.  I'm using a Storm and Windows 7.  This is annoying.  Blackberry help???

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Story 9530
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I too have the Storm and am running Windows 7, but I was able to resolve the problem very easily.  When I connect my Blackberry to the USB, I am prompted for a password to connect to the mass storage device.  Do not enter in that password, just go to BlackBerry Desktop Manager and Launch Media Sync.  Everything should work.  If I enter in the password on my BlackBerry to connect to my mass storgae device, I get the same error as everyone else.  Hope this helps.

Visitor
My Device: Smartphone 9700
My Carrier: Telstra

Hi M,

So far I have tried everything u have advised regarding "Device is not Recognising by BlackBerry Media Sync" error. but it hasn't help at all.

I cant even access by Windows Explorer. But my device connects to PC thats for sure.

Model: 9700

recently bought.

Frustrating as spent whole day fixing this but no luck. Pls help.

thans in advance.

My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000

YAY! I am so happy I found this thread!  I had this problem, and could not find a solution.  I installed the program, and there you go - proble solved.  Thanks so much, you made my day!

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Same problem here Bold 9700, XP SP3.

calfix.exe made no difference. - it still fails to recognise a definitely present media card and with the memory setting repeated by som many others who have the same problem.

Amazing that Blackberry cant fix this one.  Makes one feel like juming ship for Blackberry if you cant get the product to work.

Contributor
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Verizon

I fixed this problem by buying a Droid X and I'm absolutely loving it.

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Rogers

I can't get blackberry desktop manager to sync my media files. It says "a problem occured while attempting to connect to my device".

I've re-installed blackberry desktop manager, and have upgraded to OS 5.0.

Can someone help me with this?  I also cannot download applications from App world. It says that "x program" is not available for download, even though the program is listed as one of the free ones...