Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Media Sync 64-bit compatibility

Is there a way to get an answer from RIM on whether or not 64-bit compatibility is planned for the Media Sync app?

I would love to use it since I just bought a 16GB microSDHC card and will be picking up a Bold next week...unfortunately, I have more than 3GB of RAM and so I use 64-bit Windows Vista.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Media Sync 64-bit compatibility

Hi and welcome to the forums!

From the Media Sync hhome page: 

For BlackBerry Media Sync to work your media enabled BlackBerry smartphone must be connected to your computer via a USB cable. Certain music files may not be supported by the media player, including incompatible file types and files that contain digital rights management technologies.
2 BlackBerry Media Sync is compatible with devices featuring BlackBerry Device software v4.2 or higher. Devices that do not feature built-in mass storage capabilities (significant amounts of on-board memory) will require a microSD card to be properly inserted. This includes the BlackBerry® 8100 Series, the BlackBerry® 8300 Series and the BlackBerry 8800 Series.
3 Media Sync is compatible with 32-bit editions of Windows XP Service Pack 2 which can be used with iTunes version 7.0 or higher AND 32-bit editions of Windows Vista which can be used with iTunes version 7.2 or higher. Not compatible Windows 2000 or with MAC OS.
4 All applicable charges will still apply for the purchase of music from iTunes.
5 The BlackBerry® Pearl™ smartphones, BlackBerry® Curve™ smartphone and BlackBerry® 8800 Series smartphones accept microSD cards of all sizes (a minimum version of BlackBerry® Device Software may be required); the amount of storage is determined by card capacity. May be sold separately.

If you need more info please ask!  If not please resolve the thread using the options by the Kudos’ star, Just place the check in the Post that answered your question, Thanks  

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

That is not a very helpful reply.

I can (and did) read the system requirements.

My issue is that Media Sync does not work with 64-bit systems, and my primary system where I keep my music and use iTunes is 64-bit. I am only looking to get an answer from RIM on whether or not a 64-bit version is being developed, and if so, when to expect its release.

Message Edited by fuscob on 10-29-2008 03:38 PM
Guru I

Hi,

This is a community of users helping other users. I do not have access to Blackberry personnel.

As to whether they are pursuing the 64 bit version, I would suggest you contact RIM directly.

I'm sure this too will be considered "not very helpful. I know I tried to help you the best I could.

Good Luck,

If you need more info please ask!  If not please resolve the thread using the options by the Kudos’ star, Just place the check in the Post that answered your question, Thanks  

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

New Contributor

I apologize; I assumed that since this is the "official" RIM forum, that there might be some RIM employees here.

The only reason I said the last post was unhelpful was because it was simply a cut-and-paste of the system requirements.

Do you know the best way to get in contact with RIM regarding an issue such as this? I'd appreciate any info you could share.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello,

as you are using a forum in order to find answers, I guess you did see the following text that is above every board :

These forums are a peer-to-peer support
channel in which users help other users. While Research In Motion Limited
will participate from time to time, please visit the Support
& Services
tab to access direct support options that may be
available to you.

Bifocals is here to help, and unfortunately he does not know your level of Blackberry knowledge. Most people never read system requirements. I sincerely hope you have not been offfended by his post. He was not trying to be insulting on contrary to your answer.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

I apologize for my earlier post, and Bifocals, I appreciate your help.

I was just a bit upset because I felt my first post made it clear that I knew the system requirements. Again, I apologize.

What would be the best way to contact RIM about this issue?

Guru I

Hi,

Rim this is their toll free #: 877-255-2377

Please take a moment and resolve the thread,

thanks

Highlighted
New Contributor

Will do. Thanks for your help.