Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Media Sync Misses Some Cover Art

I have Cover Art for all of my songs in iTunes, yet Media Sync only brings over some of them.  I have ample space on the media card.  Is there something I need to verify or change in iTunes so the missing ones get transferred?
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Media Sync Misses Some Cover Art

on an audio file, the cover art is stored within the id3tags of the music file.
there are some formats for id3tags. For the old format (ID3v2), the cover art is stored in a field called PIC. the v2 format has deprecated and replaced by a newer one.
in the new format, the cover art is stored in a field called APIC which is better (mainly because you can store PNG). Unfortunately, Apple iTunes uses the deprecated format.

what you can do is use another music file management software to add the correct APIC field. You can use tag&rename (there's a free full trial) or Songbird (free forever). When the APIC field is stored, the magic is that iTunes can read it too.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

I figured it out, too.  I got a utility that reads the cover art for each music file in iTunes.  Apparently, there are two types.  One type is downloaded and the other is embedded.  Only embedded ones are brought to the Blackberry.  I had a mix of them, though I don't quite know why.  The utility took all the downloaded art and embedded it.  I then re-synced the Blackberry and it worked great!
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

just for the record, what utility are you using ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

iCoverArt from Maximized Software.  It was $5.00