Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Media Sync and Music store on Network Drive - Dosn't Work

So i have my music on a centralized network drive, connected directly to my router. Both iTunes on the Laptop and Windows Media Centre (on the desktop) are using the UNC pathname/windows shares for the location of the music.

All the music plays fines via these programs.

The problem is the Blackberry Desktop Software, it doesn’t see or recognised any of the files that are listed off the computer, and thus I am not able to sync the blackberry with any music, unless I manually connect the blackberry via USB and drag and drop actual files by hand to the Blackberry Mass storage card or dupicate the network music to the local drive (i think) 

How can i get the desktop manager to recognise the network shares? it seems to be a lacking feature of the desktop manager. 

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Media Sync and Music store on Network Drive - Dosn't Work

This should work ...

It didn't.  But, it was fixed in one of the more recent versions. 

Are you using the latest version?

If so, maybe you have a cache file which is from a previous version?  You can delete:

%appdata%\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Media Sync\MediaSyncLibraryiTunes.tle

That will ensure all the info is being loaded directly from iTunes instead of from the cache.

Highlighted
My Device: Pearl 8110
My Carrier: T

Re: Media Sync and Music store on Network Drive - Dosn't Work

I downloaded media sync today:

for my network Itunes files, I observe the following:

- Itunes music is not found at the begining. I have to toggle to switch to Windows Media Player playlist, and then come back to iTunes playlist.

- Once found, "state" column shows "Network files not allowed" ("Archivos en red no admitidos" in Spanish, the language I am using).

Impossible to mark the box on the global "Music" reproduction list where all the music is, and if I push into "synchronize music" buton, I get a pop-up saying that one box at the left must be selected.

So, it seems it has not been solved?