Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9930; LTE PlayBook; BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Media Sync - error message, doesn't see iTunes playlists

Hi jhe888:

I think we may have just found the problem.  In the case, where your iTunes Library XML file AND all your music are both on a network drive, the message ‘No songs exist in your iTunes library’ gets displayed.

If your iTunes Library XML file is on a network share and you have tracks stored locally, these should come up properly for syncing.

Media Sync does support networked music, if you map the network location to a drive letter first, then put the music into your iTunes library.

How to do that:

1. In Windows Explorer, go to Tools | Map Network Drive
  2. Choose a letter and enter the network path of your music \\some\network\location\mymusic\
  3. Go to your new drive letter in Windows Explorer and drag the music into your iTunes library

The other option is to put your music on a local drive.

Hope this helps...

Contributor
My Device: Tour
My Carrier: Sprint

[ Edited ]

How do I drag the the new Y: drive into the iTunes library? Sorry for my ignorance, but I have vast reserves of ignorance about this stuff.

Edit: Now solved. It was that the music was on a network drive. (I think I can thank my part time IT guy for convincing iTunes that my music should be on a network location instead of on the local drive.) I moved the network iTunes folders to the C: drive using iTunes itself and all is well.

Thank you to everyone helped.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9930; LTE PlayBook; BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Here are the steps to get music into iTunes after having copied music to the local drive or after having created a new network mapped drive. Please excuse the short-cut that I took to explain this earlier. Here is the expanded version...

1. Launch iTunes.  Go to your library and remove all the music from iTunes Library

2. Go to Edit > Preferences > Advanced
        a. Ensure ‘keep my media folder organized’ is unchecked
        b. Hit ‘ok’

3. In iTunes, go to  File > Add Folder to Library
        a. Find your music

( So you can choose your local drive which i think is C:\Documents and Settings\John Ely\My Documents\My Music\iTunes or you could choose your network mapped drive Y: )
        b. Choose this folder, hit Ok.

4. Close iTunes

5. Launch Media Sync

Let me know if this works for you...

Contributor
My Device: Tour

It worked. Thanks very much. I have been able to move the iTunes music onto my Blackberry.

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

So, my files are not on a network drive. My library file is on one of my local hard drives and the music is on an external hard drive. I've just downloaded the most recent version of Media Sync and I have a Bold 9700. Have never been able to sync music to this device. Suggestions?

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry tour 9630

You know i have the same problem but my error says no playlists exist in your itunes linrary . frm what i can tell my music is on a local drive the local c drive. is there anyway someone can help as i ahve been frustrated for the past month.

Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Telstra

WHY IS IT MARKED SOLVED WHEN IT CLEASRLY IS NOT!!! CAN ANYBODY HELP????????????

My Device: Not Specified

I have unmarked this as solved as I notice the OP also agreed with the last statement.  For future reference the OP can umnmark as solved by going to the options on the top right of the appropriate post and choose "Not the Solution"

Regards

Andy

Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Telstra

Thanks hopefully someone can solve it now, its doing my head in.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: ATT

Thanks, that works for me too now with BB Sync v3 and Itunes v10.5.3.3.  I have all my songs on my laptop, and have now mapped the iTunes directory as "R", then started ITunes by first holding shift before clicking on icon, then chosing library from "R" directory.

Many thanks as this was a couple hours of research to solve.

I also tried desktop 6 and that said itunes was not installed.  I'm not willing reload desktop 6 to see if it also works now.  I don't use it on this PC, so I'll keep sync v 3.