Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9700 + Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Media Sync not working as expected

When I run media sync for music, the media card free space is not being filled as expected. Media sync will only copy ~5gb of music, around 950 songs when it runs. Media sync is set to leave 1gb free on the card, but I have set it to 0 previously. In Media sync I have 'all music' checked and random music checked. When sync runs, I am prompted that not all of my music will fit, and given the option to only copy some, or just cancel completely. I close the some option. Sync completes without error, but the free space is not filled.

I previously have been using an 8gb microSD card, and recently upgraded to a 32gb card. I have used DTM 6 previously, but currently have 7 installed. I synchronize with Windows Media Player, but have tried using iTunes as well. None of these combinations have ever moved more than the ~950 files.

Earlier this evening, I ran the sync once and deleted the media sync folder from /BlackBerry/system and left the music files. I allowed the phone to re-index, and then sync'd again. The previous music files were not deleted this time, and a new set of ~950 files are added. There is still 18.7gb free on the card, and 1680 songs on the card (guessing some duplicates were copied?)

How can I fix Media Sync so that it will fill the available card space and leave the 1gb free as I have set interest options?

My Device: blackberry tour
My Carrier: me

Re: Media Sync not working as expected

I can not use media card with my blackberry tour, If I insert a media card, it wouldn't display to notify me that the media card is good or bad, recently I bought 4gb and downloaded song from the system but when I inserted it, still not not working. What should I do?