Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Media Synch won't open on my Blackberry Bold

I've purchase two Bolds, one for me and one for my wife.  Mine works great!  The problem with my wife's Bold is that when I connect it to her PC and attempt to launch the Media Synch program, nothing happens!

I've installed the Desktop Manager.  I then installed the Media Synch program.  But when I connect her Bold and try to launch the program, nothing happens.

She is running Itunes 8.0 and Windows XP Home Edition SP2.  I have a 8GB media card installed.  When I connect her Bold to my PC, it works.  With hers, nothing.  When I try my Bold on her set up it won't work either.

Any ideas?   Since her Bold connects with Media Synch on my PC, I think the phone is OK.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Media Synch won't open on my Blackberry Bold

The problem is with your wife's pc, wich os they have running?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor

I have the same problem with my blackberry. Feature is loaded on desktop manager, but clicking on it gets a big blank strare from software.
New Contributor

As I listed in the first e-mail, she had Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition with Service pack 2.  I checked it appears to be the 32 bit version of the OS.  My understanding from the RIM documentation is that all x86 type processors from Intel run in 32 bit mode.  The AMD processors run in 64 bit and perhaps also the Intel Itanium line which I believe is for servers.

I'm running the same OS on my PC and it works.  The only difference is that I have Service Pack 3 installed.  She has Service Pack 2.  But, the requirements for Media Synch say that Service Pack 2 should be okay.  I can download SP3 and see if that makes a difference, but I'm guessing that this has noting to do with it.

My wife's hard drive is close to capacity.  After installing the desktop manager and Media Synch, she has about 400MB free.  That should be enough....? 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Does anybody have any advice to add on this?    Sounds like others have faced this issue, but don't see any solutions on the board...
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

My suggestion would be to uninstall Blackberry DTM and re-install Blackberry DTM (Desktop Manager) "WITH" Media Manager.....it sounds like your original install was a two (2) step process, you install Media mMnager from the build-in module within DTM.....the software from your Service Prodiver should contain both (DTM and Media Manager) all packaged together in one executable....see if that helps.
New Contributor

A fine idea and logical. I did uninstall and re-install. No luck. Feature seems "live" since I can click on the OK button, but doing so gets no result. Just some brief consideration, then failure without comment.
New Contributor

I've also uninstalled the programs and re-installed from the disc provided with the phone.  I installed the desktop manager first.  Then when you click on Media Synch the first time, it prompt you to install that program.

I recognize that Media Synch is available as a separate download on the RIM website.  Perhaps I should uninstall the the current version and re-install the fresh download for the RIM site?

I can't help but think that there is some system pre-requisite that is not listed on the RIM site that I'm coming afoul of.  It's an HP Pavilion notebook with Windows XP Home Edition and service pack 2 installed.  Itunes Version 8.  Should be good to go.....

Sounds like Otto has the same issue....  I'm guessing we are not alone.

I haven't called RIM directly.  That's the next step.  Often times these forums are a more efficient way to get at a solution....

When I attempt to run the media synch from the DTM it shuts down my DTM.  Have loaded and reloaded software in every config.  Running lastest version of Vista.  Any thoughts?