Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Media card error message?

I was updating my phone on my computer (MAC) and the phone became unplugged. When I plugged it back in I recieved a message on the phone. "Media Card containing errors has been inserted. Please use disk checking system..." I came to website followed the 2 available resolutions and i was not able to get this fixed. Can anyone help?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Media card error message?

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Here is the KB with instructions as to how to proceed:

• KB14745 "Memory card contains error, please use disk checking utility on computer"

And, before you ask, I've no idea how to accomplish that via a MAC. Sorry.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Sprint

For future reference try the following steps before reformatting your media card via your blackberry.

On Your Blackberry

1.  go to Options

2.  select Media Card

3.  select AUTO Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected

4.  ignore any warning from device such as: the media card inserted contains errors etc..

On Your Mac

1.  Connect via USB

2.  Notice your Bberry will now pop up either on your desktop as a disk OR under devices if your settings prevent it from appearing on the desk top.

3.  If you really don't know what your doing this means - - click your hard drive and it should be on the left under the regular devices that appear for your comp.

4.  Go to Applications

5.  Select Utilities

6.  Locate DISK UTILITY and open

7.  Select the Blackberry disk

8.  Select Verify Disk

9.  Select Repair Disk

DONE

Eject your Blackberry disk by dragging to the trash or using the Eject button

Do a Battery Pull

Replace Battery and give your phone a few minutes to reload your materials..

Don't rush it eager though you may be.

If this fails !

Reconnect your Blackberry via USB and pull the contents to your desktop that you want to keep.

It sucks if disk utility can't repair your media card - most cases it WILL work.

After pulling your goods from the BBerry eject again and follow the devices directions to reformat your card.

Your data will be lost when the card is reformatted.

Good luck - PM with any questions..

p.s. remove Blackberry desktop software.  It all sucks and it's easier to turn on mass storage mode and manipulate your device by dragging and dropping.

I've had card problems 4 times and no longer will use any of the jank software offered to sync Bberrys with Macs.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I have the same problem and tried this but my BB doesn't even show up on my Mac.  HELP!