Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Media card not available for media sync but it is available via USB drive connection

Hello,

I have placed this  post on the 9700 support forum, but I didn't get any  resolution.   I have tried to place a payable support call, but without success.  I guess I can't buy support for something that looks like a software bug.

My BB 9700 with version 5.x of both the firware and Desktop Manager worked fine.  I could sync with iTunes on my media card.

Just upgraded my Desktop Manager from Version 5.x to 6.1.0.36.  I also upgrated my 9700's firmware to 6.0.2921.

I have an 8GB media card.  It is accessible via windows explorer.  My bold can access it and play my music on it.  Since the upgrade, it is not seen as an available device for media sync. I get the "Consider using a media card on your device" message.

In other articles, it was suggested to reformat the media card. I did and I still have the same issue.  It was also suggested to turn compression off.  I did and I still have the same issue.  I did a Hard reset with no results.  I have reformated once more and still no result

Any suggestions?  Does anyone know how I can place a service call and speak to a human being.  At this point, even if they tell me it costs $100, I don't care.  I'm sure this is a software bug with desktop manager.  We have over 20 BBs in my organization and I'm the first to try the upgrade.  Should I bail out of BB?

Regards,

MIke