Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: o2

Media card not showing up after getting new phone?

So I had the 9360 with my media card, everything worked fine. The phone itself stopped getting signal to my network, it turned out to be a problem with a phone. I sent it off to get repaired and they sent me back a new phone. Everything seems to be working fine, except it won't read the media card. It's as if it's not there - none of my pictures, music etc. are there and when I click on storage within the options on the phone it says there is no media card in the phone.

I also tried plugging my phone into my computer (via usb) and still, no media card is found

Help, please!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Media card not showing up after getting new phone?

[ Edited ]

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here are several tests for you to try:

1. Use your media card directly on a computer (via an SD card reader).
  2. Use your media card in an identical BB that has no issues.
  3. Use an already formatted media card from a different BB on your BB.

The results of these tests will tell you if it is your media card or the media card reader on your BB that is the source of the problem.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: o2

Thanks for your reply, I have no idea if my laptop has an SD card reader or not, how would I find out if it has one? What does it look like etc.?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Well, you could break out your laptop user manual as a start, I suppose. Other than that, I can't really tell you...there are a thousand variations of media card readers, I can't tell you what it might look like. Usually just a slot, sometimes open, other times with a hinged door that pushes in when you insert the card. It might be a larger slot -- e.g., a full sized SD slot, so you'd need an adapter to upsize your card to the slot size you have, if you indeed have one.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................