Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: virgin media

Media card problems!

Hi Smiley Happy So basically i ordered a media sd card whatever you call it of Amazon and it arrived so i for a week or two i was taking photos/videos etc and i put music on it but when i went to go back to put more music on it and after putting it onto the music file i took it out from my computer (it was connected using the black lead thing) and it said a media card has been inserted that contains erors do you wish to repair the media card now? so i said yes then it said if lost clusters are found during the repair do you want to save them? and i tried yes AND no but every time it says media card repair failed! All of my photos and videos and songs are all GONE! pleeease help Smiley Very Happy

Super Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: O2

Re: Media card problems!

Sounds like somehow your SD card has been corrupted.
I'd say the best option is to use a Micro SD Card adapter to plug it DIRECTLY into your PC.

The when you do, you will probably be shown it on your screen.

You want to Format it. I won't get the files back, but you can use that card again.

I've never heard of lost clusters on one of those, as they have no moving parts. PC Hard drives get it sometimes and it causes manic problems.

So I am sorry but you have probably lost your files, but if you format the card and then try again.

It might be possible to format the card from your blackberry, via the USB lead (black lead thing), but I am not certain.
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: virgin media

thanks, but the thing is when i do the apadter pluggy in thing it doesn't come up anywhere :/ 

Super Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: O2

Try plugging it in using various methods. If you are lucky enough (like I am) to have a multi card reader, or a sd card adapter to plug direct into your laptop or whatever, try that. Otherwise, I'd say ur card is, technically put... screwed.
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Koodo Mobile

Your microSD card should have come with an adapter to insert it into any of the various forms of multi-card readers available. You have to format the card which will unfortunately delete any and all data off of it but at least it will be usable again. By any chance did you remember to safely eject your BlackBerry? It's not enough just closing the desktop software as your media card will generally read as a removable drive which must be seperately safely ejected. Failure to do this can create corrupted cards which leads to problems such as what you are experiencing right now.