Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Media card will not format

I have not been able to format my media card. My phone does recognize it. But will not format for the blackberry pearl 8120 . HELP, I have done everything, and cant get it to format. I know I have the correct disk It is a scandisk 1.0gb Micro SD.
Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Media card will not format

hello,

I strongly advise you to format the memory card with something else than the Blackberry. If you really have to do it from the blackberry, the procedure is here :

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10527&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

My media card was formatted for my prior phone a nokia 6130, I have also tried the option you sent me via the blackberry. That is what has me puzzled, why is viewing my card as not being formatted ??

New Contributor

My media card was formatted for my prior phone a nokia 6130, I have also tried the option you sent me via the blackberry. That is what has me puzzled, why is viewing my card as not being formatted ??

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello,

I don't know. The fastest way for you to use it is probably to format it once again.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Thanks ... I will reformat it in my old phone and see what happens. Thanks for your help and I will let you know. This is the first cell phone that has me challenged on all the options, but does organize my life easier now, instead of carrying my datebook.  Again thank you for all your "Help" Sincerely Zoe
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Consider that fact it's a bad card, I went through three Sanyo's before I got a good onel

Just FYI!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

The card still works in my old phone 6133 nokia, so I dont beleive its a bad card. It just wont format to my new blackberry 8120 pearl.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Remove any data from the card and format using the Blackberry.

OPTIONS -MEDIA CARD -MEU  KEY FORMAT. Let's see it we can get it working that way. If it does,

than you can always reformat using your PC

Thanks,

Message Edited by Bifocals on 09-03-2008 06:43 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Already tried that , medica card wont format

Thanks