Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9790
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

Media files moved and changed to ?

Hi There,

I am fairly new to my Bold 9790. I noticed that the applications under the heading media had disappeared. I then found several applications in the ALL section which had a question mark. When I opened these, each was a media application and fault functional. All of these applications were also available and identical in the media application within ALL.

Can anyone explain how this has happened and how to fix?

Thank you

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Media files moved and changed to ?

Did you experience this after switching from one theme to another?
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

New Contributor

I did not notice this happeneing.

What is a theme?

Do you know how to resolve?

Cheers

Forums Veteran I

Kindly reboot the device by pulling the battery out and placing it back in or on your blackberry keypad press and hold Alt+Cap+Del until the device restarts.
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Tried this with no effect

Any other ideas?
Forums Veteran I

You can just hide the icons with the "?" since each icon has their corresponding working copy.

New Contributor

Hi There,
What you are saying is correct. However as said earlier i have no icons in the media section.
Forums Veteran I

This issue happens when an active theme is not compatible with the device. Please access the link below on how to change themes back to default. Please don't forget to reboot the device after.

Article ID: KB10840

New Contributor

Hi there,
It resolved the media issue. However on re-boot it left me with the same and a few more duplicate "?" icons. I have know hid these.

Thank you
Highlighted
Forums Veteran I

Please click accept as a solution to help other visitors who ask for the same issue.

Thanks,
Ron