Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Sasktel

Media files on Media card don't show up in music or pictures

I saw that some people were having this trouble with other models, but couldn't find any help for the torch.

Last night, my media files were all available.  My Blackberry rebooted (to delete an app) and now all the files on the media card aren't available through the media shortcuts.

I was able to get the music files to appear by using "Explore", finding each file and opening each song individually.  Only then did they appear in my player.

I am unable to get my pictures to display.  I can see them when I "explore" but not through the pictures shortcut.

Why isn't my device set up to read media files automatically from the media card?  I've tried every option and setting I can think of and need some help. 

P.S. This is my first blackberry, I'm within my 14 day window, and thinking of taking it back!  It worked and now it doesn't!  Is there something wrong with my phone?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Media files on Media card don't show up in music or pictures

Hello sphering and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Remove your battery followed by your media card. 

Reinsert the battery first and wait for the reboot to complete. Once the reboot has finished, insert your media card.

Go to your Media folders and look for your photos, music etc.

Let me know how you make out. Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Sasktel

Yup, worked out.  Thanks so much!  I kept the phone, btw.

My Device: 9300
My Carrier: rogers

Everytime i take a pictureon my blackberry 9300, it wont show up on my folder , so when i want to see my pictures i have to keep reseting the phone for it to show up .  please help ? how do I fix it !

Visitor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Telcel

i am having the same problem.

this morning i took off the battery for like 10 minutes, and now it doesnt read my media card, and after several rebooths, it still doesnt read it.

if i go to the explorer i can access the files, but i cant see my pictures or music from the apps.

and also my Whatsapp got messed up since.
Highlighted
My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: what does this mean?

I may hav the same problem, I save pictures and download music, but when I want to access to the pictures or the music, I can't open them but from the browser I can open them!

That happend after I formatted my BB 9360 and I was removing the memory card so it won't get formatted!
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Treasure

Hi Smiley Happy
I plugged my phone into my laptop using my USB when all my files suddenly disappeared on my SD Card. I can see the files on the laptop, but I can't on my phone when I unplug it from the laptop. The same thing happened when I used my sisters memory card on my phone... All her files disappeared too after unplugging. I download something, and it downloads but doesn't appear on my phone & does on the laptop. I don't know why this is happening all of a sudden. Help?!
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: media

Please help I have the same problem and its quite frustrating...
Visitor
My Device: 9320 Curve
My Carrier: MTN

I have the exact same problem please do help. When connected to the PC there are files in my card but won't show on my blackberry 9320 curve
New Contributor
My Device: 9720
My Carrier: Vodacom

My videos, music, images and voicenotes doesn't show on my memory card .. I downloaded songs and it just don't show on my SD card .. It's very frustrating! Please help!