Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Media manager not listing WMA files

When I sync music files to my 8330m using Windows Media Player, it downconverts some into WMA format. These WMA files are listed under "all songs" but no artist or album information is listed. I can play the songs just fine, but this obviously this is extremely annoying because I can't browse for the songs like normal. Has anyone else experienced this or aware of a fix? I've tried the usual solutions like a battery pull and deleting BBthumbs.dat.

Retired
My Device: 9000, 9500
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Media manager not listing WMA files

Hello,

I would recommend using BlackBerry Media Sync application.

Here is a link on how to get it.

Link: http://www.blackberry.com/mediasync

Thank you

-DrP

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Media manager not listing WMA files

Files transferred by Media Sync show up fine, but they are not downconverted from very high bitrates (192-320 kbps) to more reasonable ones for a mobile device (128 kbps).  I believe it's this process of downconversion that makes the tags unreadable by the BB media manager (though they show up fine in other programs).

The compromise I have reached right now is to sync via WMP with no downconversion, so I am effectively only getting 1/2 - 1/3 the space that I should, but at least I can browse my music... Smiley Sad