Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Media player buttons do not appear

When viewing movies or playing music, my previous/next track, play/pause, and stop buttons do not show, nor does the track bar. I have to pretty much spam touch the screen (have tried both clicking and not clicking screen) to see the buttons even flash on the screen. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Media player buttons do not appear

It's always the simple solutions...

Replacing the battery has fixed this problem. 

I have had this exact problem.  Is there a way to fix it without replacing the battery?  The buttons still register but you have to remember their location in order to click them.  They just flicker on and off and can't get them to stay on.
Regular Contributor

frogger416 wrote:
I have had this exact problem.  Is there a way to fix it without replacing the battery?  The buttons still register but you have to remember their location in order to click them.  They just flicker on and off and can't get them to stay on.

The media player buttons are not suppose to stay on.  If you lightly tap the screen (NOT click) the media player buttons will appear for approximately 5 seconds and then disappear again.  If you tap the screen while the media player buttons are viewable, the media player buttons will disappear.  This is the expected behavior with the media player butons.

I am aware that the behavior described is expected, however, the behavior I am getting is that when it is lightly tapped the buttons don't appear for 5 seconds.  Instead they only stay lit for less then half a second and the shut off.  They won't stay lit for long enough to really see which button is located where.  I played with it when it used to work and it did as you described.  Recently the behavior has changed.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have the same problem.  Is there a solution to this one yet?