Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm

MediaSync not working on Windows Vista

[ Edited ]

I just picked up the new BlackBerry Sotrm (Verizon version) and I've been having a really frustrating problem with the MediaSync software.  If I try to run MediaSync from the BB Desktop Manager, the Desktop Manager simply crashes.  I also attempted downloading the MediaSync app an installing it that way.  When I attempt to run the setup, I get an error stating, "Setup detected that a Windows System Reboot is necessary before starting the BlackBerry Media Sync installation.  Please restart your computer before installing the BlackBerry Media Sync software."

I've uninstalled/reinstalled the Desktop Manager software and cleaned the registry without any luck.  I've tried both installing and running Desktop Manager and the Media Sync setup as Administrator without success.

Being able to synch up my iTunes was one thing I was really looking forward to doing on my new Storm.  So far, I'm still a fan of the phone (especially after the recent firmware upgrade).  But this MediaSync issue is driving me nuts. 

I'd be GREATLY appreciative to anyone who could provide some insight/suggestions.

Thanks,

Jim

Message Edited by simpsonmedia on 12-07-2008 07:30 PM