Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

MediaSync removes music, even though that music is selected

This has happened a few times. Using the Blackberry Desktop Manager for Mac, I have several playlists selected for syncing (and these have been the same since I set this up). When I sync, sometimes the music sync takes a long time. So I open the log window to discover that this is removing music, rather then syncing it. This is what the log shows:

2010-04-22 01:47:25.665 INFO     default     MediaSync Updating; remove DTrack <song>
2010-04-22 01:47:25.672 INFO     default     MediaSync File removed successfully: /Volumes/BLACKBERRY2/BlackBerry/music/Media Sync/<song>
2010-04-22 01:47:25.684 ERROR*** default     MediaSync Cannot open file at: <path>/<song>
2010-04-22 01:47:25.685 ERROR*** default     MediaSync Failed to copy track from: <path>/<song> to: /Volumes/BLACKBERRY2/BlackBerry/<song>

Every song that was on the blackberry is gone after this. Then if I sync again, the songs are placed back on the blackberry. This process takes "hours"!

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: MediaSync removes music, even though that music is selected

Is no one else having this issue? Is it me alone? Anyone care to contribute? Anyone at BB take notice?