Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

MediaSync uninstall; PocketMac not syncing

Hi there, 

I am a relatively new Mac user, longtime blackberry user.

My Blackberry 8300 will not sync with my Mac as it did before. When I first bought my Mac, I installed PocketMac and had no issues running it and getting it to connect. Shortly later, I downloaded MediaSync fully aware that it would interfere with my PocketMac until I uninstalled it. A refurbished Curve has been sent to me, and I am thus in need of getting my contacts from my Mac, back onto my new refurb, but I can no longer connect to it... 

I suspect, that being a new Mac user, I have not successfully uninstalled MediaSync... Unable to find another method, I dragged and dropped everything MediaSync related to the trash bin while thinking "It can't be THIS easy is it?"... perhaps I was right and have missed a step, and the unproperly removed MediaSync is still buggering with my Pocket Mac.

First question; how do I properly uninstall my Media Sync? And 2, if I have in fact done that correctly, why is it that my new version of PocketMac is not detecting my Blackberry?

Any advice from the pros??

Retired
My Device: Not Specified

Re: MediaSync uninstall; PocketMac not syncing

I found this great article on how to uninstall Media Sync:

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB16473

The second part could indicate that there is a problem with the drivers.