Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

MemoPad missing after 5.0 upgrade

Did they do away with it, or is it just me?  Can anyone tell me where to find it or how to get it back?  It is no longer in my Applications folder where it used to be, and can't find it anywhere else.  I used this feature alot! 

Thanks for any help you can give!

Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Re: MemoPad missing after 5.0 upgrade

Please don't double post your questions in the forum...

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Tour-9630/No-Memo-Pad-on-Tour/m-p/474854#M7535

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630

Then please give me an answer I can work with!  The rest of the other thread is old stuff about someone who can't find it on a new phone.  I know where it WAS but can't find it after the upgrade. 

I have Verizon.  The memo pad was in Applications BEFORE I did the upgrade but is not there now.  What am I missing?   

Can you help?  Thank you.

New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630

I think I moved mine out of the applications folder.

Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

gsb33 wrote:

Can you help?  Thank you.

Certainly... I answered again in your other thread. That's the problem with these duplicate posts... you ask in two places, it gets confusing and just causes confusion among those wishing to assist you.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Tour-9630/No-Memo-Pad-on-Tour/m-p/474851/highlight...

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I was having this same problem and had a tough time figuring out what to do. It took me combing this site and crackberry.com to figure it out.

If you have any native BB applications (Memo Pad, Password Keeper, Task Manager, Etc.) missing after upgrading the OS you should:

1. Reinstall on your computer the previous version of the OS the phone was running that had the application on it.

(1a. Delete the vendor file if it's an OS that's not from your carrier.)

2. With your BB conneected to the computer, run the Desktop Manager and select Application Loader.

3. Click Add/Remove Applications and you should see a list of all apps available from the OS you just reinstalled. Make sure any apps you want loaded have their box checkmarked.

4. Click Next and they should be uploaded to your BB.

Voila!

Now that you've got your apps back but they'll come empty, with nothing you've previously saved on them. If you had a backup file created, there's hope!

To restore info to the newly reinstalled apps:

1. Click on Backup and Restore on the main menu for the Desktop Manager.

2. Select Advanced to replace specific data on your device

3. Click on File in the top left-hand corner of the window and then Open... to select the previously saved backup file where you want the BB to restore the info from.

4. After the files populate in the left-hand window, select the apps with the info you want restored and then select the >> button to indicate they are to replace the current data.

You'll get a confirmation window to veriffy the new data is to populate the app and then it transfers right over.

Takes some work but well worth the effort... especially if you're like me and had a bunch of info on your Memo Pad that you can't live without!

Cheers

My Device: BB Torch
My Carrier: ATT

Are u crazy to spend two posts' effort to blame the poor guy's dup posts?   Pls spend your time wisely by either help this guy out or just zip your mouth.

My Device: Not Specified

Connect your phone to desktop manager, click on Applications on the leftpane, search for the application on the right pane, You can see "+" sign to install the perticular application.

Done.

If you can't see the application (memopad ) there, you will need to downgrage your application