Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: at&t Bold 9700 OS v 442
My Carrier: at$t

Memory Cleaner app on Bold 9700

sorry for another post with same problem, but i have no choice i guess because got back this problem again and cant find a way to solve it. I was running OS v415 when this problem started and i followed advice and reload newer version v442, first few hours was fine and at next day this annoying problem came back again, i will try to explain my problem as clear as i can with my limited English (sorry about that), there is a little lock icon on Memory Cleaner app, at options-security options-advanced sec options-memory cleaning-status is enabled(with lock icon on it) its grayed and no option on it to click and change to disable... yes i purchased my device brand new from at&t.com at very first day 9700 was out for sale a week or so before it was available on at&t stores, so there is no way it can be refurbished to think maybe some it policy, also I always been on BIS, please ghelp me to get reed of that little lock icon, thx in advance 

Contributor

Re: Memory Cleaner app on Bold 9700

i guess nobody knows how to fix this ha, maybe i didn't post enough info ? please ask me. I'll be glad to answer and give additional info 

Solutions: 6,397
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Look on the device at Options > Security > Information.

Anything there?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

thanks for reply JSanders , at information i got: BBFS1 [GTALKNA1] (AES) and on second line: Secure GC Enabled

Contributor

Smiley Sad hey JSanders buddy no solutions yet ha?

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: bell

Are you running on an enterprise server? (Big corporate account with email on it?)

If so, sounds like an IT policy.

Contributor

no I'm on BIS, never been on BES and my device was purchased brand new online from at&t.com

Contributor

I'm about to lose my hope about this to be solved, I'm sad Man Sad

Solutions: 6,397
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

I don't know why you can't turn the Memory Cleaner off. Normally an IT Policy will control and lock that on.

I would suggest this, to do a complete backup of your device in Desktop Manager.

Then first try a compleete reset to factory settings using this instruction.

Read this RIM Knowledge Base article to reset your device to the factory settings.
KB18998 How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory defaults

Then look to see if Memory Cleaner is turned off or the lock icon is now gone.

If not, wipe the device using JLCmder, per the instructions below.

You will need to use JL_Cmder to wipe the device and subsequently load the OS to the device. Follow the instructions here:
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F

ALSO, search your entire PC for a file name policy.bin, if you find any instances of it, delete it.

Here is a link to the latest OS for the 9700 which you might load back the device after the wipe.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9700-series-discussion-bold-2/222072-latest-os-9700-v5-0-0-9...

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

thank JSanders you i will try this, before to do this i just want to provide more info about this problem....I'm running OS v442 now, before i had v415 and only reason i upgraded was tho get rid of this problem, actually it did the trick and was fine until i re registered back all my  3rd party apps, then it get locked again, so now I'm like "if it worthed to do all those things you suggested me ?, because it my come back again with one of app that causes this, so what you think about that? here is my apps:

add to calendar, amazon, berryweather, BlacBerry alerts, blackbook, callblocker pro, capture it, fancy characters, flight view, forward reply/edit, free tips, future SMS, gwabbit, maxmem, (memoryEnhancer and memoryUp both of them i uninstalled and reboot but didn't solved issue) parking meter, phoneplus callback, Poynt, qsms, QL, Shazam, The Daily News, Translator, Viigo, WorldMate Gold.