Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Airtel India
Accepted Solution

Memory after deleting Applications

I installed few application on my BBM Curve 9300. When i deleted the application the memory did not come get free similar to the deleted application and it is still under some use.. if this happens then afrter installing few applications i might not be able to install any application. the inbuilt free memory that I received is alrady low i,e. 22.3 MB. please advise.

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Memory after deleting Applications

Try this to free up some memory -

When you device is POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery. This make a reboot to your device which minor issues with the BlackBerry device.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Airtel India

It worked! The memory has now increased to 10 MB. I hope this would stay now...

Thanks Tanzim..!!

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: N NetCom

It won't hurt to do a battery pull once in a while. Do it every time your phone is feeling slow or freezes!
You can also push the buttons Alt+RightShift+Del this will also make your device reboot, almost the same as Alt+Ctrl+Del on a computer!

I reboot atleast a couple of times a day, and always by one of those two ways rebooting. Doesn't hurt your phone at all, and nothing is lost from your memory, only cleares up some space.