Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Playbook, curve 9320
My Carrier: O2

Memory always full 'other'

My memory card is always full but i have no music or pictures,

its used by 'other' but i dont know what this is or how to get rid of it, my phone wont let me take pictures or download anything.

i need to sort it out really soon,  any idea's????

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Memory always full 'other'

Hello,

I recommend you use Mass Storage Mode so as to dig into the contents of your media card via your computer:

• KB11879 What is mass storage mode
  • KB13564 How to enable or disable mass storage mode on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

This didn't workSmiley Sad any other idea's
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

"Didn't work"??? Hmmm...I can only wonder what that means. Did Mass Storage Mode not work? Did it work, but you could not see your media card? Could you see your media card, but not the contents? Is there some other meaning to "didn't work"???

You also could use a media card adapter on a computer and remove the card from the BB.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
Contributor

I need to sort my phone out really soon, does anyone have any idea's????
Hall of Famer III

Well, it's rather hard to help you when you provide unclear information and then ignore my requests for clarification...